Last Upload: Friday, 12th August 2022.
A Nostalgic Journey 'in & around' the original Village of Washington
[ Click above picture for views of the 'F' Pit Heaps. ]
• • ◊ • •
Some Recent Additions
1. This Photo fits in perfectly between between two nearby images in one of our 'Take A Stroll' Articles.
Were you around in the 1950s/60s? If so, what's over the Wall and what's behind the Coal Wagons?
2. Article upgraded to include two 1970s images - The Demolition of Bobby Lee's School. Thanks to WHS.
3. 'Local Area Extracts' from the 1925 Edition of Kelly's Directory added to our existing 1890 & 1914 Editions.
Old Business Names are popular with a lot of our Visitors.
Try these 1939 Telephone Listings: CLICK ME
4. Bus Routes Article given a new layout with many new additions. It even includes Blakey, Stan & Jack!
5. NCB NE Area, Colliery Closures Article reorganised with 3 local Colliery Demolition Pictures added.
The 2 Usworth Pit Demolition Pictures ALSO added to the 'Usworth Colliery Photo Gallery'.
Tab: Closure! CLICK ME
6. When was it officially opened? Name the Cottage, above the Boys Brigade, almost hidden in the trees.
7. Photo added to Usworth Junior School Article. Name the three Headmasters in post from 1946 to 1963.
• • ◊ • •
Website Map / Location Index
[ Click one of the above Images. ]
The Content of this Website was provided by the People of Washington.
You are welcome to download any non-copyright images that you would like to keep or print.
[ If you wish to upload images to another website, please mention raggyspelk.co.uk ]