Latest upload: Friday, 5th March 2021.
* Please Note *
Due to high visitor numbers, long visits and numerous downloads, this Website
is STILL operating too close to its 48 GB Bandwidth Limit.
If you experience slow response times, or other difficulties, please try again later.
Let's hope the Pandemic ends soon and we can all get back to enjoying Life, Business & Browsing.
[ Jim ]
A Nostalgic Journey 'in & around' the original Village of Washington
[ Click above picture for views of the 'F' Pit Heaps. ]
* LAST WEEK *
Several Mining Articles rearranged to include a shocking list of
Men & Boys who lost their lives at Usworth Colliery.
[ Click Blue Plaque and go to 'USWORTH FATALITIES'. ]
Washington Miners' Statue and Blue Plaque
[ Picture from Washington History Society ]
• • ◊ • •
Some Recent Additions
1. Upgraded image: Teams Page 2, Board 5. 3 Pic's merged to repair our badly torn original. Thanks to Peter Graham.
2. Added to our Business Adverts Collection, Page 2. Thanks to Washington History Society. More via 'Page 1 Link'.
3. A former World War 2, Hawker Hurricane Fighter coming in to land. Try the Aerodrome 'Blue Plaque' Link, too.
4. Keith Cockerill has been plodging in the clarts again! More local Bricks found on the muddy Banks of The Wear.
5. Article upgraded to include the above New Image and several newly tidied-up images. Many Tabs enhanced.
6. Bill Towers was an 'F' Pit Man and one of Washington's First Volunteers. Thanks to Bill's Granddaughter, Hilary Sly.
7. The Crow Brothers. Three former Fatfield School Pupils who volunteered to serve in WW1, and Fell in Action.
Also in an amended WW1 Volunteers page 1, with a Memorial Ribbon for their sister's husband on page 2.
[ A third Memorial Ribbon to add soon. ]
• • ◊ • •
Site Map / Location Index
[ Click one of the above Images. ]
• • ◊ • •
The Content of this Website was provided by the People of Washington.
You are welcome to download any non-copyright images that you would like to keep or print.
[ If you wish to upload images to another website, please mention raggyspelk.co.uk ]