Did Our Paths Cross in the 1950s/60s?
1. Born 1947 in my Grandmother's house - 40, Tyne Gardens. I spent my first year at The Squatters - 55b, Hostel Estate.
2. Playing in the muck outside our new prefab - 30, Usworth Green.
3. Getting a bit of practise in for when I bought my first motor bike - a Panther 250. I used it to travel to Wardley Colliery.
4. The least said about that outfit, the better!
5. Living in a 'real' house now - 15, Don Gardens - with my wonderful little sister, Vivienne. She's the gregarious one!
6. Why was I all spruced up?
7. On the south bank of the River Wear near the Victoria Viaduct. (This time I know why!)
8. Up an old tree in a clearing beside Oxclose Burn, in the middle of Oxclose Dene.
9. Retired and thinking what to do next. Create a website, perhaps!
Schools: Usworth Colliery Junior Mixed School & Washington Grammar School (1958 intake).
N.B. Numerous people have contributed images and memories to this website. On behalf of all our visitors ... Many Thanks. Jim